Find Freedom From Bulimia. We Are Here To Help.
Start Your Recovery Journey Now.
Bulimia can cause addictive patterns that should not be taken lightly. Approximately 4.7 million females in the United States will have their lives threatened by this deadly disorder.
Find Bulimia Treatment at Magnolia Creek
One of the most important aspects of overcoming bulimia is early detection and action. Admitting that there is a problem and finding treatment is the best way to get back on track and prevent the harmful, life-long health effects that are caused by this disorder. Magnolia Creek offers evidence-based, quality care to women 18 years and older dealing with eating disorders and co-occurring mental health conditions.
If you or a loved one is suffering from bulimia, Magnolia Creek’s individualized programs can help you to a full recovery. Our therapists offer our clients individualized support and explore contributing factors related to our client’s eating disorders. They also encourage clients to be active participants in their own treatment journey. Doing so motivates our clients toward lasting recovery.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Exposure and response prevention
- Experiential and symbolic experiential therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Narrative therapy
What is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia nervosa is a serious mental health disorder that requires comprehensive bulimia treatment. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition characterizes bulimia nervosa with the following criteria:
- Recurrent episodes of binge eating(characterized by eating large amounts of food in a short period and a sense of loss of control over eating behaviors)
- Use of inappropriate, compensatory behaviors, such as self-induced vomiting, laxative or diuretic abuse, fasting and/or obsessive exercise
- The binge eating, and compensatory behaviors occur at least once a week for three months
- Self-evaluation is inappropriately influenced by the person’s weight and shape
- The disturbance does not occur exclusively during episodes of anorexia nervosa
What Our Clients Say
“10/10 isn’t enough to qualify the treatment I received at the Creek, a positive atmosphere all day long and every person in the facility giving you support and good wishes, the counselors are the best you can find and the staff members where people that solved any question you had. A great team of work which made my recovery possible.”
– Former Magnolia Creek Client
We are here to help you
Copyright © 2020 Magnolia Creek | A Private Eating Disorder Treatment Center for Women in Birmingham Alabama.