Magnolia Creek recommends that clients bring a limited amount of clothing, personal belongings to treatment. We encourage individuals to leave valuables at home. Clients may bring two (labeled) suitcases and one carry-on bag to treatment. Each client is provided with a bedside table where valuables can be locked and stored. Additionally, Magnolia Creek provides a comfortable bed, dresser, hangers, closet space, linens, towels, computers (and internet access), and phones (with long distance capabilities). Clients will have access to their cell phones, and they will need to bring their own cell phone chargers. Household supplies including soap, paper towels, toilet paper, and laundry detergent are provided to clients in the residential program. Please note, clients in PHP are responsible for purchasing their own household items. PHP clients are also responsible for purchasing the food they eat during non-programming hours.
Magnolia Creek is a community living environment. We take great pride in providing a safe and clean environment for our clients; therefore, all clothing, pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals that are brought from home will be put through the dryer on a hot setting for 30 minutes.
If you bring something that cannot go into the dryer please put those items into a separately sealed bag. Items that are not able to be placed in the dyer will be treated and placed in a bag for 24 hours. Furthermore, the outfit the client wears upon the day of her admission will also need to be placed into the dryer and having a backup outfit can be helpful during this process. We also strongly encourage that the admitting client come with a change of clothes readily available for this purpose.
- We strongly encourage clients to leave all valuables (jewelry, mementos, excess credit cards, large sums of cash, etc.) at home, as Magnolia Creek is not responsible for any missing items.
- Identification card (e.g. driver’s license), insurance card, pharmacy prescription card, and credit card (required by Turenne Pharmaceuticals for medication expenses).
- Prescription medications (in original containers), at least seven days’ worth.
- Over the counter medication must be brought in an un-openend, sealed container.
- Small amount of spending money (less than $200) for personal items. (Clients are responsible for their own funds).
- Suggested items include: stamps, envelopes, cards, books, and music (including portable music devices and chargers).
- Suggested clothing items include: tennis shoes, sunglasses, a lightweight jacket or sweater (in warmer months), a heavy coat or jacket (in cooler months), clothes appropriate for religious outings (if desired).
- The use of cigarettes is permitted during designated smoke break times. Any opened or unsealed tobacco products will be thrown away or kept in luggage and not permitted for use. Other tobacco products are not allowed.
- Vape pens and E-cigarettes are not allowed.
The Magnolia Creek Dress Code
- Clients wear casual and comfortable clothing during regular programming hours; clients do not wear pajamas between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Clients do not wear revealing attire and clients wear and cover appropriate under garments at all times.
- Clients’ clothing is clean and does not display inappropriate slogans, pictures, etc.
- Clients do not wear sheer shirts/skirts, tank tops, tube tops, halters, camisoles or anything that reveals midriff, back, or cleavage; clients button shirts at least 2/3 of the way up.
- The hemline of shorts, skirts, and dresses clients wear cannot be shorter than 5″ (the length of a regular index card) above the knee.
- Clients wear shoes appropriate for the terrain and program activities; clients do not wear heels over 3 inches high.
- Clients provide their own clothing and do not share clothes with other clients.
- Clients are permitted to pack two pair leggings or tights (leggings/tights are not to fully replace pants).
- Items like fitted pants can be triggered, it is encouraged to utilize the support from Magnolia Creek and allow us to help work through triggers related to clothing and body image.
- Clients wear shoes at all times.
- Clients should pack comfortable clothing. We strongly discourage wearing clothing that is oversized as this can be a behavior associated with poor/ avoidance of body image.
- Clients do not change clothes throughout the day, except when it is absolutely necessary.
- Clients who do not abide by dress code will be required to change into more appropriate clothes.
What to Leave at Home
- We strongly encourage to leave all valuables (jewelry, mementos, excess credit cards, large sums of cash, etc.) at home, as Magnolia Creek is not responsible for any missing items
- Non-prescription medications, vitamins, diet pills, diuretics, laxatives, stool softeners
- Artificial sweeteners or water flavoring packets
- Fashion magazines
- Food, beverages, gum, candy
- Scissors, pocket knives, letter openers, sharp craft tools, wire hangers, lighters
- Aerosol hairspray or aerosol deodorant
- Acetone-based products
- Any products that contain alcohol as a listed ingredient
- Bathing suits
- Smart watches
- Fit bits
- Any items containing glass (this includes make-up products, picture frames, etc.)
- E-cigarettes (disposable e-cig often resemebles a pen, cigarette, or small tube) or vape pens (with cartridges) are prohibited