What To Expect
Prior to Admission
Magnolia Creek requires prospective clients to complete clinical and medical intake paperwork. The medical paperwork includes a physician's report, lab work, and copies of TB and EKG results. Copies of the clinical and medical intake paperwork can be sent to prospective clients by email or fax (note: these documents are not available on Magnolia Creek's website).
Magnolia Creek reviews clinical and medical intake paperwork within 24 hours.
Day of Admission
Clients meet with members of our intake, dietary, medical, and clinical team the day of admission. Clients will have the opportunity to ask questions, review Magnolia Creek's handbook, and complete admission assessments.
All clients begin treatment on observations, which means that clients remain in sight of a staff member at all times between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Observations are reduced or extended based on each client's treatment needs. Clients on therapeutic 24/7 observations are observed between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and every 15 minutes from 10:00 p.m. to 6:45 a.m.
Clients on medical 24/7 observations are observed at all times. Clients on observations follow specific restroom guidelines listed below:
- Unless it is an emergency, clients do not use the restroom for at least one hour after meals and thirty minutes after snacks. Clients use the restroom with a staff escort.
- Staff members stand outside the restroom door (with their backs turned away from door) while clients use the restroom. During programming hours, clients use client restroom (across from downstairs nurses' station).
- Staff members engage in conversation with clients for the entirety of their restroom use. (Clients sing, count, repeat the alphabet, etc.). Clients do not turn on the water faucet or fan while they void, because the staff member must be able to hear what is going on in the restroom at all times.
- Before flushing waste, clients ask a staff member to check the toilet. The staff member stands as far from the toilet as possible to watch clients flush the toilet and wash their hands.
- Clients request to use the restroom during a group session only when it is an emergency. In restroom-related emergency situations, a staff member escorts the client to the restroom. All clients who leave group to use the restroom follow restroom observation guidelines.
Things to Note
Clients in the residential program do not use personal TVs and DVD players. Clients in PHP may use these items during non-programming hours.
Magnolia Creek is a tobacco free facility. However, we do allow the electronic cigarette. Clients who smoke are encouraged to either bring a week's supply of nicotine patches to treatment; these are dispensed and refilled by Magnolia Creek's medical staff, or an electronic cigarette. There are specific times the e-cig is allowed.
The cost of prescription medications and lab work is not included in Magnolia Creek's daily rate. Turenne Pharmaceuticals and Quest Diagnostics file claims with insurance companies directly. Clients are responsible for any remaining balances not paid by insurance.
Family Workshop will be held the 2nd Thursday and Friday of each month.